He Has the Master Key

"'What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.'" Revelation 3:7b NIV
I was so nervous when I started grad school (to pursue a degree in school counseling) in May. I wasn't sure how I would do or how things would work out. After my first week of classes, I felt even more intimidated because I didn't know anything about counseling terminologies or practices. My intro course felt like anything but that. Other students already knew theories and rules, they had experience, or they had mentors in the field. I felt discouraged about the program as a whole. This was made worse by the fact that I could not even afford to go to school. I was heavily reliant on financial aid, which I wasn't receiving. The only thing that kept me committed during those beginning days was that I knew God had led me there. 
      As the semester went on, I went through ups and downs in confidence. I began to panic as the work load got more intense and I kept hearing more about what was expected of me. Then God would comfort me and I'd come back to trusting Him.
      During one of the prayer services at my church, the pastor preached on Revelation 3:7. I knew God was comforting me again as soon as I heard it. He told me that He had brought me into the program for a reason and reminded me that He has ultimate authority. Because He wants me there, He will make moves to keep me there.
      I started holding on to that promise, but began to panic again this week with the start of my second semester. Again, the financial aspect of the program was stressing me out. I cried and prayed. After a while God reminded me of this verse. It wasn't immediate, but I began to calm down. Honestly, I still have no idea how I will pay for school, but I know that He led me here. Even though I don't see how I could possibly get money for it now, God works beyond possibility. I trust in His ability to make the impossible happen. It's ironic, I know, but God is not limited by our inabilities. He created it all and so He has the power to arrange it in whatever way He wants.
      I often forget God is ultimately in control, and I know I'm not the only one.
      We see the things (money, houses, jobs, etc.) that certain people or organizations have a hold of. Because they have standards and rules, and seeming ownership, we think they are the ones to dictate whether we will be able to get what they have. That is so far from the truth. They may have power over these things in the physical realm, but they do not have it in the spiritual realm. The spiritual realm SUPERSEDES the physical realm.
      These people and organizations are subject to God, not the other way around. He can open any door closed on you because He has the Master key. In fact, He will often open even better doors. No one can stop His plan.
      But, it is also important to remember that the opposite is true. He will close doors that are not of His will.
      Often, we grow impatient and try to open doors on our own. We make plans to see the visions God has given to us come to fruition in our time. No one can make His plan or promise come faster through their own plans, so they will always fail. We may get the position God had promised, but we won't be living out God's plan or vision.
      Don't walk into a door that God did not open for you. Be patient and wait for Him. The door will open in just the right time. If you rush in, however, He will keep the door to His ultimate plan shut.
      Be confident as you follow His lead, even if you don't seem to be getting anywhere. Often, while we wait, God is working more on the invisible than the visible. He is strengthening and preparing you for what lies ahead. He knows what you need in order to successfully carry out His plan for you.
      Trust Him. 

Comments

Popular Posts