My Forever

“For if, when we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!” Romans 5:10 NIV
When I read this verse last week, I felt God reassure me. I didn’t know it but there was still a remnant of the old fear that God would leave me. People fail us and the pain that we experience in those relationships most often creates insecurities. We then bring these insecurities into our relationship with God. It’s been something we (He and I) have been working on for a while.
       I felt Him say, “I fought so hard for you and did so much when you didn’t even want Me; when you were My enemy. Why would I leave you or give you up now that you want Me and return My love?”
       Silly insecurities. They have no place here anymore. Nothing can separate us now.
       So now I will live in total confidence of the promise God made to Joshua: “…I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Joshua 1:5).

Comments

Popular Posts