Day 2 in England: Waiting

Today I had the opportunity to speak at a women's gathering at Hope Church. It was the first time I was actually asked to preach/speak/head up a church meeting. I was so blessed by it. I could tell as I was speaking that the message I was delivering on worth and value and the testimonies the ladies on the team shared was truly affecting many ladies. The Holy Spirit was moving and it was evident. 
      I treasure all the women that came up to me telling me how much the word had meant to them, not because I was getting any credit, but because I knew that this was just the start of the Holy Spirit working in that area of their lives. God had been faithful in ensuring that His Word didn't come back void and in producing fruit from our obedience to Him.
      The night also meant a lot to me because in the past God told me that I would be a speaker. By no means am I ready for the vision God has shown me about my future, but I glorify Him for what He has done in the ladies tonight and for how faithful He is in carrying out His promises. 
      I don't like to speak in front of people so when He told me I'd be a speaker, even though I believed Him, I thought He was ridiculous. Despite that, as I waited for it to become a reality in my life, I truly worked toward the vision by being obedient to the steps He's taken me through to prepare for it.
      The Bible says, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord" (Psalm 27:14 NIV). The Hebrew word for wait in this verse is qavah (קָוָה) which according to blueletterbible.com means "to wait, look for, hope, expect" and "to wait or look eagerly for." We often think of waiting as being passive, but it actually is more of an active waiting. We're not just sitting around waiting for God to throw what He has promised into our laps; we are looking for it. We are seeking it out and taking every opportunity to grow in order to be able to handle what He's called us to do. (It's important not to just accept every opportunity that seems to fit with the vision; we have to go after the ones God presents to us.)
      As we wait, we are to be strengthened and not lose hope that He will keep His word to us. God never forgets a promise. He will lead us closer to what He has planned as He sees us grow responsible enough to handle it. That doesn't happen by just sitting around distracting ourselves until He comes with what we are meant to do; it comes from being focused on God and seeking growth toward our future calling. By no means does that mean we should act before we wait, but there are times when God asks us to take small steps toward the big plan He has for us. 
      Are you accepting those steps? If not then you are only prolonging the vision/promise God gave you because He will not put you in a place or situation that you are not ready to handle. 

Comments

  1. If you speak as well as you write, you have a genuine gift! Praying for you all. God bless!

    Chuck Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. We really appreciate the continued prayers. God has done amazing things out here already and we cannot wait to see what more He has in store for us and the people we have and will encounter.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts