Dear Lovely One

"Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you,..." Isaiah 43:4 (NIV)
I wrote the following letter to a girl rescued from sex trafficking and living in an A21 Campaign shelter (if you'd also like to write one visit the A21 site for more information). I knew that once I wrote it there would be others who would need the same letter so I copied it to share with whoever came about needing the encouragement. This week, I got the idea that I should post the letter to my blog so that others can learn the truth about their worth. I pray that in reading it you will understand just how much you matter. Here it is:


"Dear Lovely One,

      I wanted to send this letter to let you know that you are precious. I am so sorry for the things that you have gone through that go against this truth, but please don't let it convince you of the lie that you have no value. You are special and have a worth that surpasses wealth. You are still worth more. You are still worth love.
      I have no idea what you may be thinking or feeling at the time that you read this card, but I want to encourage you and help speak truth into your heart. You are strong and beautiful. Your life has meaning and you exist for a purpose.
      On the front of this card is a picture of a rose. I live in the United States of America in a city called Chicago. Where I am from, roses are symbols of elegance, grace, beauty, and love. To receive one is a prize because it is special.
      Not all roses grow the same way. Some are grown purposefully in shops, others in gardens with tender care, others in poor conditions, and still others in the beauty of the wild (just naturally). Despite these differences, they have one thing in common: they are beautiful and to be treasured.
      Maybe you look at other women and think that because of the different lives they have from yours they are precious and worth loving, but you are not. That is a lie. Like the rose, despite your living conditions and circumstances, you are beautiful and to be treasured. Having you in someone's life is an honor. You too can still be a symbol of elegance, grace, beauty, and love. It is not too late for you.
      You matter.
      I don't know what is in store for your life, but I do know that you have great potential. I believe that there is something beautiful on the horizon for you. Don't give in to the lies and let them weigh you down. Walk confidently in the truth of your worth and value.
      I believe in you and your value. I know that I am not the only one. You are where you are because of people who believe the same. Dream beautiful dreams and have great hopes for your future, lovely one. You are still worth them.
      I am joining the others who are cheering you on.
                            
                                               Sincerely,
                                                      Cicely"

Comments

Popular Posts