Run to Him First

“And you looked in that day to the weapons in the Palace of the Forest; you saw that the City of David had many breaches in its defenses; you stored up water in the Lower Pool. You counted the buildings in Jerusalem and tore down houses to strengthen the wall. You built a reservoir between the two walls for the water of the Old Pool, but you did not look to the One who made it, or have regard for the One who planned it long ago.” Isaiah 22:8-11 NIV
When things start going wrong, do you first try to find your own solution to the problem, or do you turn to God?
     The people of Jerusalem tried to protect themselves and handle their situation on their own. They didn’t even think to turn to God because they were too busy thinking up their own strategy.
     God has the power and might to get us out of every situation. Most times, though, like those in Jerusalem, I rely on myself instead of seeking first His council. What ends up happening, however, is I get myself into even more trouble. This gets in God’s way because when I finally decide to go to Him, He not only has to take care of the original problem, but also the mess I created in trying to fix it.
     Plus, I get so caught up in trying to get myself out of an uncomfortable situation that I never stop to ask God if He placed me there.
     At prayer service on Wednesday, Pastor Carlos talked about how we assume that all of our trials come from Satan. But he said we forget that God also places trials in our lives for specific reasons.
     He has a plan, so before you react, ask Him if the situation you’re in now is a part of it. Ask Him how to handle it. He will guide and get us through if we trust Him and stick to His ways.
     Don’t become a barrier to what He wants to do in your life. It may feel uncomfortable now, but if it’s a trial from Him, then you can be assured that He plans for good to come out of it.

Comments

Popular Posts