I Am Right Here With You

“One day Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Let’s go over to the other side of the lake.’ So they got into a boat and set out. As they sailed, he fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.
       The disciples went and woke him, saying, ‘Master, Master, we’re going to drown!’
       He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. ‘Where is your faith?’ he asked his disciples.” Luke 8:22-25a NIV
We have a tendency to forget that even when we go where God leads us, we will face storms. Then, while in the storm, we think that because God isn’t immediately doing something about it, we’ll be brought down; we’ll drown. But, that’s not true at all.
     God has a message for every trial we get through. He uses them to strengthen us and reach others. If we don’t face hard times and see Him bring us through miraculously, then we don’t have anything to tell.
     If all we had were ordinary, carefree days, would we find God worth talking about?
     No. It is through the storms that I’ve fallen more in love with God and seen His power. I’ve been convicted about my faith in Him through them. Like the disciples, I can hear God turn to me and ask, “What are you so afraid of? I’m right here with you.”
     We need to ask ourselves how powerful we really believe God is and how loving. If He’s all-powerful (the MOST powerful), then why am I so afraid? And, if He loves me beyond measure, then why do I doubt He’ll get me through?
     We need to keep our perception of God in check.

Comments

Popular Posts