Be Careful Not to Be (T)ruthless

“‘Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.’” -Jesus        
Matthew 10:32-33 NIV
There is something about being unashamed of God that gives me confidence in moving in His name. I used to be so careful about mentioning God because I was afraid of offending people, but I have realized how wrong that is. 
      He showed me that I was hurting Him by hiding. I was acting as though the Truth I had was wrong. He showed me that I was being (T)ruthless.
      In the instances where I refuse to align myself with God, I am refusing to feel sorry for the people who are without Him. I am refusing to care about their eternal well-being. I am being selfish.
      Even if someone were to be offended and mock me, I’m not the one they are rejecting, He is. But if He is unwilling to give up on them, why should I be? I don’t have the vision or foresight that He does. Plus, He has showered me with grace so how can I deny someone else that same mercy?
      I’m not going to keep acting like I’m ashamed or like my relationship with Him is wrong. It’s the people who deny and doubt Him that are wrong, so why have I been staying quiet as though they are right? I shouldn’t feel ashamed at the mention of His name, they should because they are blaspheming it. God willing, one day they will come to their senses and see that.
      Through my missions trip to Accrington (in England), God gave me the courage to speak up about my relationship with Him no matter who I was in front of. I did it because that’s what I was there for. But then He showed me, that’s why I’m here (on this earth).
      There are always so many excuses we can come up with to stay quiet (my friends don’t believe in God, my family doesn’t like hearing about Him, etc.). We start making ourselves out to be victims of our circumstance, but that’s not who we’re meant to be. We are key players in this battle.
      We have to remember that God never leaves us anywhere (or in a certain situation). He places us there.
      He has a reason for putting us where ever we are. I have come to realize that it is always so that we can grow and/or reach people. I find that He can do both at the same time so let’s not be selfish and simply take. Let’s speak Truth into people’s lives.
      Yeah, people may be offended, but there’s a chance that someone may ask us more about Him or start to seek Him. You may have planted a seed that will stay with that person until they are ready to accept Him.
      I can write up a list of maybes that we may never know the answer to, but there is a certainty I always want to keep at the forefront of my mind: when I speak about Him, I’ll have glorified my God by proclaiming His name unashamedly and aligning myself with Him.
      That’s my desire. I want to live my life bringing Him glory and raising up others to do the same.
      Acknowledge Him while He’s still giving you the opportunity to do so, otherwise you’ll be left heartbroken when He decides to follow your lead and disowns you.

Comments

Popular Posts